PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RedBull AirFarce
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2006, 19:24
martine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys a little unfair I think. I was also caught up in the horrendous traffic and like you, gave up at about 1:40 still 8miles from Longleat.

There had been a serious accident on the A36 ring road at Warminster which we could just about see in the distance. The road was closed, due I suspect, to the police doing their investigations.

The air-race was at Longlest last year and they hold other big events at Longleat so I don't think it was the choice of location that was the problem.

What annoyed me was the lack of info from the police, local radio etc. Why didn't the police organise diversions? The accident happened early morning I believe. Why didn't local radio find out what was going on rather than just saying "the roads are solid" every 15 mins?

Since the weather made it unflyable, I believe we all get full redunds.

I suspect it will be the last at Longleat as most commericial sponsors get bored after a few years and the weather and disgruntled punters could be the last straw. Shame - I'd have liked to have seen it in person as it's very different for us aircraft-heads.

Martin - Bristol, UK.