View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2006, 18:09
bencoulthard
Supercalafragilistic
expialidotiousIsAVeryLong
WordAndIStillOnlyPaid£5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RedBull AirFarce

Let me tell you about my day. If you don't want to hear a rant then close the browser now.

I got up at 6am to go see some amazing guys fly in amazing ways.
Ahead of me was a 230mile journey. I completed the 1st 200 miles by 11am.
Then the **it hit the fan, we started queueing before we got off the motorway with 30 miles to go.
We stopped queueing at 2pm with 10 miles to go.
We stopped queueing at 2pm and went home.
On our 20mile trip back to the motorway we saw 1000s of cars with car park stickers still queueing at 2.30 where we had been at 11am, so they has 3 hours to get to where we had.

Red Bull you ****ed up, Longleat cannot handle the amount of traffic you need. You open the car parks at 9am an it is impossible to get everyone in by 2pm when the real competition starts, nevermind the early show stuff.

I just got home at 6.45pm you wasted 12 hours of 2 peoples lives and nearly 500 miles of my petrol money. Had the weather been good I would have been even more annoyed as I would have missed it, as it happened it was cancelled.

So, although others might not agree, I think Red Bull deserve the bad weather toady, due to the bad choice of location and non existent traffic management I bet 40-50% of people who tried to get there wouldn't have done had the weather been good.
Therefore you do not deserve to profit from the farce that was the Red Bull Air Race UK 2006

Rant over
Now I'll go calm down Mrs. Ben