PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - which type, where, why pay etc?
Old 2nd Sep 2006, 15:12
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phil / A300,

It is not a matter of "snoberry". As for an American forum, I am sure there is, and no doubt some more quick research with your keyboard will reveal numerous such forums.

However you perceive the egalitarianism on the other side of the Atlantic, I can tell you that the requirements for airline employment in the USA are even stricter than they are here. A university degree is almost always a requirement. Whatever other generalisations you want to make, this is a professional pilots forum and it is on the subject of professional aviation that these answers have been given. If you don't like them that is fine.

As for losing faith in this forum, that is up to you. The only faith that matters is that you have in yourself. It matters not one jot how sorry you feel for yourself or how hard done by you feel. If this is really the career you want to embark on, then you need to give yourself the best fighting chance. That involves serious hard work and determination. As I said before it is all about presentation and like it or not you are judged and pre-judged on your presentation be it here, the USA or almost anywhere else. If you have a perception of low self esteem, then do something positive to reverse it. I am afraid that not everybody out there is going to be nice to you, and you need the maturity to be able to handle that in any event, but most certainly if you want to embark on a professional career as a pilot.