PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - which type, where, why pay etc?
Old 2nd Sep 2006, 14:12
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am very sorry you have had those problems and I hope you overcome them and have a successful future. However this is a professional pilots site and albeit a "wannbees" forum, the answers you are likely to receive to any question posed will largely come from a peer group within this forum and from professional pilots generally.

Make no mistake this is a cut throat industry and competition for the vacancies that do arise is extremely fierce. You only have to read the threads that are live on page one of this forum to quickly become aware of that fact. As a result it is an industry that takes few prisoners and presentation is everything.

I doubt there is anybody that wishes you ill or would not be ready to answer your sensible questions, however a better mix of research and advice absorbtion would likely result in more sensible and relevant questions and contribution, and that was my point.

finally I would make the additional point that professional aviation has a very high attrition rate, and one of the absolute prerequisites for any chance of success, is the need for determination and flexibility. Many people do quit for one reason or another, and some of those reasons are very valid and some beyond an individuals control. However if you quit at any point the truth of the matter is no one will care other than you.