PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2006, 11:02
donald stott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I too have not been paid properly since the introduction of JPA; however, my issues are insignificant when compared to the examples given on this thread. It is a shame that the 'powers that be' are going to allow the Navy to join an administrative system that appears to be incapable of delivering even the basic administrative essentials such as pay. Furthermore, I believe that the JPA call centre are going to prevent RAF personnel contacting them when the Navy are migrated on to JPA in Oct 06. Perhaps those responsible for the introduction of JPA would consider the following:

1. Do not migrate any of our sister services on to JPA until all RAF pay and allowance issues have been identified and successfully remedied. Remember we have had JPA approx 4 months and it doesn't appear to be working - haven't seen any cdrs' briefing telling us otherwise and, more importantly, it doesn't have our confidence.

2. Give our PSF staff the option to deal direct with JPA as opposed to raising 'I queries' that often end with: this is a HR issue that should be dealt with at unit level. At the moment the efforts of the complainants and PSF appear to be wasted as there is no effective interface between the parties concerned.

3. Change the policy for JPA staff so that they do not become obsessed with statistical returns relating to the number of I Queries they answer. Personal experience has taught me that JPA staff will try to close I Queries despite the fact the problem/s still exist.

4. Be extremely wary of the impact that JPA (especially pay issues) may have on our personnel. I know I am considering my options as I approach an exit point shortly.

;.)