PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar International Cabin Crew
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2006, 10:47
ShesGreatintheGalley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all i know is that most current JQ crew are thinking long and hard about this offer.. and i dont know if many will take it.
It really is ridiculous... i mean.. you have no control over your days off.. and even when they are going to give you your replacement days.. ****.. due to 'operational requirements' you could very well be owed your days off in the next month or something.
And how about 'coming to work, but delaying sign on' until mgmt require it.. i mean.. does this mean literallly you can come to work at 11am.. be told when you arrive that you are not signing on till 7pm that night so sit at the airport all day (sure your accruing hours for your monthly total but you still have your 10 hour duty to operate ontop of the nine hours you have just wasted - in a normal airline you wouldnt be able to operate it as you would go out of hours!
That ontop of the whole 'iffy' accomodation situation..

Please people.. you would be on drugs to accept this. No matter how much you want to fly.. this really is selling your soul to the company because its not like they own you for 20 days of the month like they do with us here at JQ 'narrowbody' - but they will own you for the entire month! They will be chopping and changing your days off to meet 'operational requirements' - you will NEVER be able to plan ahead for your days off.. there is no mention of roster requests, bidding systems or anything which means they prob dont exist. you might get three star days a year.. (where you can pick a day off that isnt a public holiday/thing) but thats only three days off a year (if they introduce that at all... AND it would be due to 'operational requirements!' so they could just as well say no.
i am in shock at the conditions.. it really is actually far worse than i thought it would be.