PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2006, 09:20
SirToppamHat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am led to believe that my CEA will be paid on Monday. However, I've already had to talk to the Bursar to explain that my fees (and probably a few others) may well be with him late. He and his staff are a pretty reasonable bunch, but what hacks me off is the embarassment of having to go and plead the case or explain that I work for an employer whose admin system is so hopeless.

At least I can log-on to a PC and check the my pay is in, and I even have access to JPA at work. I really feel for our colleagues in the Royal Navy - I know how limited bandwidth can be at sea, and don't suppose for one minute they would have access to the number of PCs many of us enjoy on the UK RAF MOBs.

One thing that does seem to be in my favour with the way the Army manage CEA is in their interpretation of entitlement for children in 'middle' schools. The RAF's view was that my 12-year-old would not qualify for the senior rate until he went to a 'senior' school. This will not happen until he is in his 14th year, despite the fact that his existing school fees are well in excess of the senior CEA rate. I always felt this was rather illogical - in effect the 2 schools mine attend are part of the same school on split sites. The sheet I have seen for my CEA to be paid (locally rather than through JPA) directs that I get the full amount for both the boys of senior age. If this is extrapolated backwards, I reckon I am owed about £12K!

STH

Last edited by SirToppamHat; 2nd Sep 2006 at 09:31. Reason: And another thing...