PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair / other Low cost Turnover
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2006, 08:06
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In fairness to 'inveritas', I have not the slightest doubt that the figures he has presented here are true. Nor do I doubt for a moment that 'Hursutesme' does indeed know Ryanair pilots who earn nothing like that. The problem is that not everyone is on the same deal - the classic mechanisim of 'divide and conquer'. There are no published figures and it becomes very difficult to organise labour in that environment.

For what it is worth, using inveritas's figures, after 1st October this year a Stansted-based easyJet Captain will be better paid than his Ryanair counterpart. That is the first time that I am aware of that this has been the case - although I am open to correction. It is extremely hard to make direct comparisons due to the various different tax regimes, loyalty bonus's etc but I am looking at it wondering if there would be any financial advantage for a Captain to leave easyJet and go to Ryanair - that once would definitely have been the case but does not appear to be so now. That is not to knock Ryanair, in case all the whiners kick off, but it is nonetheless an interesting observation.