PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Historical Property being allowed to waste away...
Old 1st Sep 2006, 22:06
rudekid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
L-H/Maple 01

Alright, I'll bite! My grandfather made parachutes, but that doesn't make me qualified to spout rubbish about parachuting!

If I get your argument correctly, Northolt isn't an operational airfield because it isn't a fast jet base. Wow. Does that mean that Lyneham and Odiham aren't operational becaue they don't house fast jet aircraft. If you looked at operational sorties flown in the major operational theatres, the HS125 is doing more Op work than the Jag has done in the last 10 years...And I'm not a 125 driver!

Your quote about Northolt is as out of date as Colt's!

Jags been anywhere near an Op theatre since the nineties? Launched any Op missions from Colt (prior to closure) ever? I think not!

Comp Charlie- Nice one

PS Unless I'm similarly mistaken, the Jag was never a fighter!

Back to thread though, I believe that Northolt's BoB heritage is about to be side swiped by MODeL despite it's heritage status. This isn't the Army or the Navy, it's a light blue lead who has no interest in any form of preservation. It would be a very simple move and a minor effort to transform what exists into something which would provide a useful facility. Just needs some interest from further up the command chain...