PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Possible topics?
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2006, 19:28
What Limits

There are no limits

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HeliBlog

To commemorate my 200th post, I shall attempt to do a blog of my day.

0400 in bed following busy night shift.
0700 awake after wife clatters about a bit
doze off, disturbed by formation of HEMS landing at the hospital next door.
awake after my dog barks at the postman x2
decide to get up at about 1030, actually get up at 1130
loaf around with breakfast and coffee, read ceefax news, email, pprune and european asu forum
decide to go for a run as I am supposed to be training for a half marathon very soon. Happy with training run, enjoy endorphins on toast for lunch, watch Discovery Channel for a little while.
Sh1t, Shower and shave.
Decide to leave for work earlier than normal to beat the Friday traffic.
Arrive at about 1630 for coffee and banter
1700 shift commences, good handover, all serviceable and weather looks good. Relief observer and visitor tonight so time taken to familiarise them with some new kit.
1730 job involving person on roof threatening to do something, arrive overhead, identify, observe person having a short conversation with large police dog, observe person giving themselves up. A peaceful resolution.
Back to base, do the monthly returns and fax them to the relevant people. Being Chief Pilot does have its downsides, especially having to keep a close eye on the other pilots - their paperwork can be crap.
2025 - microwave on. Sometimes we have take-out food, but tonight its a Stag Chilli and Rice - WOW.
Watching some crap telly - No cable or satellite - phone rings, its a crap job carefully and craftily fended off by one of the observers.
2245 - Coffee and chocolate bar - must keep up the blood sugar level.
2246 - Pursuit - Motorcycle, 2 up, no insurance, outstanding warrants, failing to stop - approaching the force boundary, you know its all going to go wrong but miraculously and due in part to a crucial position report by the helicopter, the handover goes smoothly between forces. Soon the motorcyclists attempt to de-camp but are apprehended by the officers following in the car. Hoorah!!
2335 - More coffee perhaps ?
0035 - Routine reconnaissance over the big city, result negative which is positive because whoever wanted this done won't have to look there for whatever they were looking for. On the way back nearly got involved in something else but were not required after all.
0130 - Definately coffee time !
0210 - Thinking about wrapping it up as we finish at 0300. Paperwork all settled ready for day shift. Aircraft still in good shape despite age (like me), but going to the menders on Monday for a big service. Still time for a local job though !
0230 - No more jobs, just need to complete the paperwork and put the aircraft to bed.
0300 - Off shift
0400 - Into bed.................

Last edited by What Limits; 2nd Sep 2006 at 01:35. Reason: Its a blog !!