View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2006, 16:08
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 140 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by The Gorilla
Krystal wrote:
Because they work in a democracy and they can! They have voted for someone who will look after their interests come what may. A lot of the comments on here come from those of you who do not work in a democratic environment and have no one to look after you. All I can say is don't knock it until you try it!
Gorilla----sorry mate, but I did and I have and frankly--this from a dedicated Grudian reader btw --the union reps were all so far entrenched up a certain managerial orifice, they were neither use nor ornament. I appreciate what your saying however, but frankly in this case I don't think the firemen have a valid case. And just for info. I have spent the last 7days delivering to various University sites around the UK--it's a nice little contract--however, during that time I have lost count of the number I have visited where the porters--ostensibly there to help--cannot or would not assist. Not to mention the classic "sorry, we don't work over lunch" excuse---not even to lift a pen to sign ??---like I said, it's a public sector issue.