PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EGT OVERLIMIT at T/O: continue flight?
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2006, 11:59
Paolo de Angelis
www.paolodeangelis.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks Gents for your replies.

Just to confirm, the scenario, which did not happen to me, calls for the EGT overlimit on both engines simultaneously.

Besides all the various considerations, like doing a no engine bleed takeoff when it's necessary to use full thrust under hot-heavy etc, or monitoring with more attention the parameters at takeoff, the fact remains: between V1 and 400ft, what happens happens, and the Commander is left, in our scenario, with absolutely no information available: no exceedance tables, no satellite, no phone, nothing!
In this case, he can't tell if the exceedance is acceptable or not, unless...

Unless he already has experience / knowledge of this matter.

Good to get IFixPlanes's data.

And now that I've found what I was looking for - the whole maintenance manual, buried deeply in my pc, siamo a cavallo! (in italian this means we are ON the horse - we're saved)...

Actually, I can confirm the scenario is NOT that critical, if you go through the various areas and related instructions, you'll see they are quite permissive, if compared to what one might think instinctively.

For example, in area B, that means up to 950° for up to one full minute (!), one of the statements is:
A maximum of 10 exceedances in Areas A and B combined are
permitted before the engine must be removed for an
overtemperature inspection.

I think I'll definitely print the whole stuff and put it in my crew bag!

Thanks a lot everyone for your precious input.

Paolo