PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone, who works as pilot with Ryanair?
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2002, 14:04
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 225 Likes on 86 Posts
Wink

As far as I can find out BA still has a Final Salary scheme albeit no longer protected against inflation rises. Or have they really gone to a Money Purchase scheme - knows?. .. .We did not count employer pension contribution as remuneration in our pub calculations. What we did do was work out how much each of us would have to pay into private pensions to match a BA pension of 60% final salary and deducted that cost from our (Go Ryan) take home.. .. .Its all a bit airy fairy really BUT the fundamental issue was that the BA life package could not be made to be better than the others in any meaningful way.. .. .Another perplexing issue was that the BA FO had a good friend who joined BA on the same week who flew the same aircraft but at LHR for slightly fewer hours each week. And yet he made about £1,500 a month more than his colleague 80 miles up the road.. .. .So in that sense it would be fair to say that a LHR BA pilot is better off than a pilot anywhere else in the UK. Bit dicey though to join a company with fingers crossed for one base only.. .. .And once again - this has nothing to do with Ryanair pay for which I shall be giving myself a stiff talking too shortly.. .. .WWW