PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet basing policy
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2006, 07:24
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nemo - Scottie is quite correct and you should apply immediately! I am really not sure why we have no Spanish pilots - it is certainly not deliberate as we have just about every other nationality. Anyway, that is certainly just about to change so come on down!

Cleared ILS Approach - I know of no reliable rumours about future European bases other than the fact that there will be some. The Madrid base was the worst kept secret I can remember and everyone knew about it 2 or 3 months ago. At the moment there is no other rumour I am aware of - perhaps others may know more.

Regarding the Base Transer List, up until last week it was a 'secret' list and you could move up and down a couple of places in a blink of an eye. It was much derided by all the crews as there has been a widespread feeling that it has been open to abuse. I certainly know of cases where people have had preferential treatment and it has caused unnecessary bad feeling. Like I have said in the past we are not perfect, but we are moving in the right direction. Such is the case here - last week there was an official announcement that the command and base transfer lists will be published on the intranet (company internal internet site) and there will be complete transparency regarding movement. You will be given a number to hide your identity and you will know only your number and therefore not know by name who is above and below you on the list. Nonetheless, you will be able to track your numerical position and ensure that no cheating takes place! I think most of us would agree this is a significant step forward which is long overdue. 'Every little helps' as they say!