PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What the hell are we supposed to do?
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2006, 22:38
Lucifer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is it a common theme that any poster who posts any common sense or criticism - be it constructive or not - is railed as an idiot, while "it will be OK" postings that are quite clearly not advancing wingbar's situation are welcomed?

Posters have to be highly vindicative to write on here out of spite - few do - what you are receiving in criticism and advice is from people who know what is required and what you should do to achieve it.

WWW - while you are right that there are numpties who fly at Jerez, you fail to recognise how this works even for numpties. People are forced into a training environment that puts them in the frame of mind to succeed - they are forced to work on a course that runs full time and are trained constantly while not being left to hour build and develop habits. You fall into the trap of thinking that somehow a recruiter can measure "desire" and "love" for the job. All they are looking for is a commodity, and I don't think your post helps wannabes to realise that they are ultimately required to be employees who fit the mould.

Ex-Mil Mates Clearly we are considering ab-initio, not your situation.

Wingbar

Don't even respond to me. Don't hit reply. Close your web browser and get off PPRuNe now. I actually want to get angry with me. Hate my opinions. Whatever - just do something to prove me and others here that we are wrong. Write a business plan for the bank. Speak to the bank every day before they call you. Restructure your loans with them.

Stop crying about it. Pull yourself together. Stop wasting time moaning on PPRuNe. Moonlight part-time in IT on mid-week days. Earn money in BK on non-flying days. Babysit, get a second job at night.

Whatever you do - don't come here looking for sympathy and crying about your misfortune. While you might curse me forever for being an unloving git, I post here solely to offer my advice.

You need direction and motivation.

If you even consider writing again on this thread, you don't have what it takes, as you are wasting your time, and failing to achieve.

Stop. Close browser. Return to writing CV. Set up meeting with bank. Repeat.

Last edited by Lucifer; 31st Aug 2006 at 22:54.