PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS CABIN CREW DISCUSSIONS ( IV)
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2006, 22:33
hawke eye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I stand corrected, All shift workers used to get overtime after 8 hours. Cabin crew NEVER did.
PriaprismI take my hat off for what you do. What sickens me is that nurses, paramedics, ambos and teachers have always had to struggle to get descent conditions, oh and cops too.

My post was written to illustrate not what others do or dont get so much as why we haven't pushed hard for a penalty rate for cabin crew.

Priprism in terms of night shift and long hours what other shift workers in Australia besides cabin crew and Pilots are continually exposed to jetlag, radiation, fatigue, reduced quality air environment etc.

One other point, when it comes to earlier statements about crew not turning up or going sick perhaps Mel Bourne could investigate the shafting we at Long Haul got from the company over the bid system. We sold off 25% of our stand down for a system the Company promised would deliver greater stability for EVERYONE, an ability for EVERYONE to plan their lives and futures and it would be a guaranteed SENIORITY system.

Tell me Mel Bourne why anyone should honour a system when they entered an ethical agreement only to be double crossed!
Oh the fine print. Thats right we should have checked the fine print. Or maybe it wasn't what was in the agreement it was that the FAAA at the time couldn't think up every possible circumstance to cover in case they were double crossed. Maybe the FAAA thought this was a professional agreement based on mutual respect.