PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TRUE OR FALSE? OR JUST PLANE OLD PANIC?
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2001, 15:51
starship

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

I know both companies all too well, and I could sit for hours and state their good and bad points. However, it is not appropriate to do so on this public forum.

Servisair have a good team at Newcastle and have often been station of the month for many airlines, several months in a row. They have to work very hard to keep that because of so many crews having their image of Servisair tarnished as a result of other stations. The staff there know that is the case too.

Servisair at NCL put alot of effort into their work with KLMuk and it, along with Airtours always seemed to be well looked after.

Groundstar at Newcastle have one excellent bunch of Despatchers, and every one of them knows their job PROPERLY. Nearly all are Licenced BA Load Controllers.

As for Groundstar being the worst handling agent in the UK - that is complete rubbish. I can tell you that I would never see some of the antics I see on certain docusoaps happen there...much more control. Infact Groundstar, if you really knew the company, you would say wiped the floor with the lot of them.

I don't work for either of these handling agents, however have had a close tie with both, and give my honest opinion.

Thinking of the Servisair guys and girls at this difficult time for them.

cheers,

starship

[ 30 October 2001: Message edited by: starship ]

[ 30 October 2001: Message edited by: starship ]