PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EGT OVERLIMIT at T/O: continue flight?
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2006, 17:58
DOVES

DOVE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EGT OVERLIMIT at T/O: continue flight?

Dear Paolo
We all know that SAFETY of FLIGHT is Paramount important; and then after follow: regularity, passengers comfort, and flight's economy.
According to what You wrote I understand that in Your case one of the engines EGT rose above the T.O. limit for a certain amount of time. For me it doesn't matter how much and how long it has been, that engine has to be checked ASAP. It's like when a woman looses her virginity, it's for ever.
By the way we know that according to the QRH You can continue Your flight at reduced thrust if retarding the throttle all parameters remain within the limits.
How long?...
You don't mention neither the meteo conditions (at departure, destination and alternate airports), nor the sector involved (availability of route-alternate airport and the like), and the aircraft weight relating to MLW.
But I can suppose that at least the weather was not a factor, excepted the high OAT. However if the aircraft weight was above MLW You had anyhow to wait for it in flight.
So I should say:... as long as it takes to proceed to the first suitable airport where the aircraft can be inspected and passengers reprotected.
Best regards
DOVE
P.S.
Did it happen in the past?
And were the consequences unhappy for one of the involved crew members?

Last edited by DOVES; 1st Sep 2006 at 08:16.