PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Go, Ryanair, easyJet or BMI?
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2001, 00:21
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 227 Likes on 88 Posts
I can make no comment about BMI but working for GO I am happy not to be in Ryan or Easy albeit that I have friends working in both those companies.

Ryan seems to be extremely adversarial in their flightdeck management, the Ryan family are selling themselves out recently, growth has come from being in Europes fastest growing economy for the last 10 years currently headed for a bust and I am not sure about repeat custom as they openly offer the lowest fares and the lowest service.

Easy seem to be run by very green personnel at all non flying levels, they are committed to an expensive new fleet at a time of economic slowdown and are based in Luton which has very little further room for expansion/development and will become more and more expensive as a result.

GO has its problems - perhaps its too small and too late into the market to withstand an economic slowdown (one of my worries).

I am confident that someone will quickly pick up my comments and provide a robust counterpoint. I wish the good people of Easy and Ryan no ill whatsoever - I think the market segment is big enough and un-exploited enough for us all to achieve our ambitions - look at continental europe; its a low cost desert...

Good luck with your job search, I hope you find just the right company for you.