PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Free Ryanair Application?????
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2001, 01:41
Billy the Kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

You're probably right, what did I really expect. However I need a job and I have the hours on type. So really I'm in no position to make a stand, against what is outright explotation of the recent sad events in the industry.

However, I have received some messages from other ppruners in the same position.

My position is this; I took the fee on face value(reluctantly) and expected at least a reply. Yes it is outrageous but I thought Ryanair was a professional outfit even though very cut-throat.
Now my understanding of the situation is that when I paid the money I entered into a contract. I effectively bought a service from Ryanair. The service was to a) store my application on there computer for one year. b) They would inform me of receipt of the on-line application within 5 days.
Seeing as Ryanair didn't reply within a reasonable time or send me a receipt of the transaction then simply they have broken the law.
Whether Ireland has a fair trading act I'm not sure. I understand there is EU law to cover remote transactions.
The beauty of the situation is that I used a credit card. So I'll ask their legal people tomorrow, what chance there is of getting my money back after being ripped off by Ryanair.
I think this may be time to call the Trading Standards Office,Watchdog or the papers, because this really is starting to look like a scam.
I'm just wondering what sort of numbers of honest pilots could be involved?