PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 2
Thread: Ryanair - 2
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2006, 16:03
Charlie Roy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hand baggage

I'm flying with Ryanair tomorrow, and I've just received this email (even though it doesn't apply to me as I'm not travelling to/from the UK or Poland).

"Due to the ongoing government security restrictions passengers departing from UK and Polish airport, each passenger can carry only ONE item of HAND baggage up to 10kg and with maximum dimensions NOT exceeding 45cm (length), 35ch (width) and 16cm (depth). These dimensions include the wheels, handles, side pockets, etc.

N.B. These restricted hand baggage dimensions are smaller than our published hand baggage dimensions.

Passengers who arrive at A uk airport with hand baggage exceeding the above maximum permitted dimensions will be required to check in the bag and
pay a checked bag fee of £5.00 (per bag per flight) or if they are over the maximum 20kg baggage allowance per person, pay an excess baggage fee of £5.50 per kilo."

What are they trying to say? That when you bought you agreed to the terms and conditions and were told at that moment that 10kg or free hand baggage was allowed with 55cm x 40cm x 20cm dimensions, but now if you arrive with those dimensions you have to pay!!! Force me to check it in, ya no problem, but don't make me pay for it!

Glad this doesn't apply to my travel plans this weekend, saves me from having to bring them to the small claims court...