PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Airlines hiring
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2006, 14:28
Old&notsobold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Korean Airlines hiring

Greetings to Expat KAL pilots, current or past:

I am looking for answers and informed opinions from those in-the-know who have the time and inclination. Any insight would be appreciated.

1. Given the proposed ICAO age-60 standard expected in NOV06, has KAL given any indication that they might raise the hiring age to beyond 60?—any views?

2. What, in general (or as specific as you wish to be) are the terms of the B744 expat captain's contract?

3. How do the days-off and commute-to-base arrangements work out?

4. Are there any hard-and-fast rules regarding back-to-backing of days off?

5. Is this a reasonable place to work in respect of training, flight operations management, flight deck colleagues (smiling faces?), layover hotels, per diems, deadhead travel, family travel, etc.?

6. Safety: How are things in Korean these days? Has there been an improvement over days gone by?

7. Recruiters: What recommendations can you make? I know that everyone and his grandmother recruits for Korean, but do Terms & Conditions vary widely between those offering contracts, or are they much of a muchness? Who would you prefer to work for?—anyone to avoid?

These are broad questions, I realize, but please feel free to provide as much or as little comment as you wish on the above or any other relevant topics, to aid me in decision making.

Thank you in advance.