PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ID80 Info required - not travelling with employee.
Old 31st Aug 2006, 13:49
airmiles-andy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ID80 Info required - not travelling with employee.

Hi there,

Forgive me if this question has been asked in another thread, I have had a quick look but cannot find anything relevant to my question so I will go ahead.

My friend has just completed 6 months service for BMED (affiliated to BA), and she was told she is allowed to nominate 3 friends for ID80 status. My understanding from her is that I can travel on any OneWorld airline for 80% discount off the flexible economy fare.

I am hoping to fly to Thailand in November without my friend, and she seems to think she and I will need to sign some solicitors form, but I really don't know what that's all about, except that it is sometimes done when the friend is flying without the airline employee.

So basically what I'd like to know is, is this a complicated legal process (has anyone even heard of it). Also, as this is a standby ticket I think, how long before the flight will I have an idea of whether I will get on it. My friend seemed to think she would be able to find out the availability of the flight for me.

And finally, the silliest question of all, in these circumstances, would there be any likelihood of the check-in staff upgrading me (not asking for much am I hehe).

Anyway, hope I've covered everything, any responses would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Andy