PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Housing Deposit...?
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2006, 13:22
PompeySailor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RAF_Techie101
Hi all

Presently in the process of trying to buy myself my first property, and am hoping to use the Long Service Advance of Pay scheme to cover the deposit and legal fees. Anyone used this system before, and what is the exact timings for submition of application etc...? have read up on it on 'tinterweb and gotten the form and info from my registry, but would like to hear from anyone who's actually used it successfully...?

Cheers in advance guys

RAF_Techie
Hokay....

You need to get the paperwork for the LSAP from the HR Section (the artist formerly known as Chief Clerk) - all the regs are now in the JSP 752 rather than DIN/DCIs. You progress the purchase as normal, but as soon as you get into the area of making a formal offer, you explain to the Solicitor that you are using an LSAP on the property. The scheme is well known, you fill out the form with the solicitor, and he submits it to the LSAP Section. Not confusing, but timescale - you need to ensure that you are not rushing the job through. I did a loft conversion and did all the paperwork myself (including taking it straight to Centurion and incurring the wrath of HMS NELSON's centralised co-ordinator). I got the cash sorted in 8 days flat, but that is possibly the exception rather than the rule!