PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boarding School Allowance under Review
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2006, 22:08
Ginseng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a lot of claptrap some are posting here. "Demise of frequent moves" - rubbish. The key point is, how do you know on receipt of one posting notice when your next move might be? I may not move for quite a long time, but my poster has not, and will not, issue me a letter stating that I will not be moved until my children have completed their current stage of education; how could he? fortunately, he takes the reasonable view that, so long as I declare myself mobile and available for posting, it is just my good fortune if he happens to have no need to post me (by the way, how do you declare yourself immobile and continue serving - I can't see that working). I do my best to honour the eligibility criteria, and even occupy SFA at my duty station rather than sell my house (200 miles away) and buy in the locaql area. My children have to accept, and do, that if I am posted they will have to return to boarding rather than move with us.

In what way am I being fraudulent?

If there are those who genuinely abuse the system root them out, don't waste your energy slinging mud at those of us who are eligible and want to protect our kids education against the vagaries of Service life!

Regards

Ginseng