PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boarding School Allowance under Review
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2006, 20:08
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Talking Radalt
Face it chaps, with the demise of frequent onward moves (and yeah I know someone will reply with a long list of nine month postings) the BSA is somewhat out of date.
It's simply the MOD coming in line with many other employers and offering the bare minimum. Housing will be next, then domestic medical care.
In the RAF there are movers and there are stayers. Aircrew now tend to stay put until their aircraft expires - Canberra - Jaguar - or station closes - Coltishall - Lyneham. The non-engineering support branches move frequently. Admittedly the hyperactivity for the first and second tourist should have no bearing on BSA which should not really kick in until the person is 30 or so.

Some airmen are static for practically their whole careers but like aircrew on type there is still the possibility of a posting. It is that possibility which is the key to the need for continuity of education bit.

How you handle the abuse is the issue. Maybe the number of school age brats should be considered by the poster too.