PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin Crew and Perrrfect Teeth.
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2006, 12:10
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sylphie

Aw. Why is that? I think it's worth it [not to get it FOR a CC role, but in general I think it's worth it]. But many would disagree. I am blessed with a pretty straight set of pearlies but I would never say never if my teeth moved further than my liking..

I realise that CC don't need teeth like 'Barbie' I was just wondering who has had it done as I'd read on another aviation forum that many go and get whitening treatments, braces, surery etc to improve their image.

PS -- I'm particularly interested to know if any CC currently wear braces.
I wore braces as a kid as my teeth were not straight. They are not perfect now but much better, however I had to wear braces because if I hadn't done that most of my rear teeth wouldn't have come down correctly, disrupting the way I chew and especially altering the shape of my jaw etc. However wearing braces was not pain free, I recall not being able to eat solid food for days and days every time I went to the dentist for them to be adjusted....

I do know a few cabin crew in BA both boys and girls who wear braces. Some of them opted for a "clear" look (apparently there are new materials available) some for "internal" braces which cannot be seen (although they have a bit of difficulty speaking over the PA) and some for the normal metallic ones. One of the ladies is in her fifties even so it doesn't only happen to the younger section of the crew!

I hope this helps you.

FBW