PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - St Athan memories
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2006, 11:16
modtinbasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
teeteringhead and tornadohotas

[quote] On the ground there's the aforementioned not-to-be-mentioned lot, that includes pongoes royals and rocks (must be fun in the Bovvy Castle on payday) [quote]

Not to mention the Old Brewery and The Shackleton! I remember the CO2 beer gas bottles being thrown through the windows in the shak...ah the good old days, and Radders throwing the boyos who did the throwing in the first place, through the same holes! Radders eventually went to the Isle of Wight I believe.

Another funny moment I remember, one night or early one morning about 0300 hrs when the duty SNCO behind the mess bar questioned his continued right to a pint. With one swift movement, with one hand, Radders reached over the bar and picked the luckless lad three feet into the air, and gently whispered (and he did whisper, really, Radders was a whisperer) "who the **** says I don't get another pint then?" "Yes Chief, no problem, same again?" The pint was pulled before he hit the floor!
But my God, despite him being a biiiiig boy, could Radders run with a rugby ball, you didn't want to be in the way of 20 stone of mustle travelling at mach 1!!!

Another amusing one was when the staish (Killer Kyle as in the picture some posts back) went on a guided tour of 5 Sqn with the then OC who shall be called Isaac (I'm sure you'll recognise the one with the pigs head). At the time the Sqn was working a split shift overnight in support of Op Granby and there was a white board set up in the hangar with all the guys names on and the jobs they were doing, so that a good handover of jobs could easily be made. So, the staish walks around with Isaak who is babbling incomprehensively at his side (you know, how he did, or even still does I guess) Staish says "So I recognise your valuable contribution Mr Isaak, but can you tell me who's working tonight?" Isaak trots off ahead of the staish to the white board leaving the staish behind, rooted to the spot. Isaak then realises that he is standing on his own, sees the staish standing ten feet away and says.... "If you'll just come over here, this board tells us........." "Mr Isaak, don't walk away from me when I'm talking to...." Isaak then interupts (as he was well known for) and says ".....sorry, but as I said, if you'll just come over here....." "Mr Isaak, perhaps you'd like to come back here!!!

Well, you guessed it, grade 1 bo**ocking coming up, all the troops standing there with their mouths open, and what did Isaak say then, "If you'll just come here......"

Oh my Jesus Christ, you couldn't make it up could you?

Happy days.. hey, I just thought of another one. Sqn visit, Isaak standing outside waiting for the staff car with his exec by his side. Car pulls up, driver leaps out to open the back door for the staish to get out, sqn exec salute smartly...... and so does Isaak! Oh my God, a born leader!

But the really funny one was the "Christmas card"....but, I'm afraid you'll have to wait for the next episode for that.

I really miss Saints, had some fun there.....shame it's nearly gone...sob!