PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2006, 10:57
Blunt&Proud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JPA Fails to Deliver Again!!

I felt I had to add my twopenneth to this delightful saga... In accordance with directions from my PSF (sorry, Unit HR), I completed the paperwork for BSA (sorry, now CEA) in early Jun. At the deadline date, it was all returned to me on the instructions of JPAC and was given the instruction to "do it yourself!". Easy I thought/hoped - wrong; this identified a catalogue of underlying data errors.
  • My children had no details and I (and my HR) could not get to update the information.
  • Even though JPA recognised that I was serving in Wiltshire (and have been now for 5 years (please post me soon back to the real air force)) - I was 'administered' by Witton!
    • Local unit can't administer/update my details.
    • Witton can't update my details as I'm not posted there!
  • Only Unit HR can input CEA(SENA) and Mobility certificate details - but the page is inaccessible from the Unit HR menu! (Not a self service function either).
After a month of PSF backdoor chats with Worthy Down, the core data was manually updated/corrected (and I believe some elements of the menu's changed) and now we were able to actually entering the claim in mid Jul!

The was input claim was accepted by JPA and (apparently) notification was sent to my Unit HR. However the actual claim was not included for approval. Another 3 weeks delay whilst it was traced in the system and sent to the right place.

We now get to the end of Aug, the claim has been processed, approved, and (even according to information from PMA) has been 'paid'.
  • 'Guaranteed' paid on 25 Aug in the suplematary pay run - that did not occur!
  • 'Will be included' in the suplementary re-run on 29 Aug - that did not run!
  • 'Ommited' from the (hopefully) normal pay run on 31 Aug!
  • 'Now rumoured' for 8 Sep - believe this if you will!
Now this is all well and good if you have significant assets casually availble to cover the Services breaches of contracts (don't get me started on months of no actual pay, and scewed-up/delayed expenses!); but since term starts on 3 Sep and the school fees were due on the 29 Aug (and this was stressed to Unit HR) it creates embarrasement for all. The xx% surcharge for late payment of fees will be separately invoiced to the RAF!

The bottom line is that this system has supposedly been in place from 20 Mar and providing 'full' support from 1 Apr. It is now nearly Sep (6 months on) and we still are having to fight all the way to get a half decent HR system.

God help us when (if) the Navy and Army are forced to join in!