PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boarding School Allowance under Review
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2006, 09:35
South Bound
Hellbound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TR - you are right, in the main, the number of moves people will be subjected to should reduce. If we could look at 5-year tours then with a bit of career management (Did I really write that) most schooling could be sorted without the need to pack the kids off for stability of education. However, there are those trades (mine included) that will always move on every 2-3 years, which is fairly crap for education purposes. There are 3 solutions to that:

1. Move your kids anyway, and hope they can continue with the same subjects at the school they are allowed to go to.
2. Set up a family home somewhere and live away from them so that they have stability. (Would not work for my family...).
3. Send them away to school so they get a fairly decent and continuous education.

With this decision some years away for me yet, when I look at it, I will not do 1 or 2 and if 3 is unaffordable because they take away the help, then I guess I will leave at an option and provide stability that way. I don't think I will be the only one.