PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What the hell are we supposed to do?
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2006, 08:49
Say again s l o w l y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wingbar,

I feel for you mate I really do. I can remember the sense of frustration and anger, especially after sept.11th, with the job market. It isn't nice.

For your own sake, suck it in and try not to let it show outside of Pprune, knock on doors and generally make a pest of yourself. Call every contact you may have in the industry (you probably have more than you realise).

One ray of hope, though. Have you thought about CPL instruction? I know FTE had a big recruitment drive a while ago, I'm sure they are still looking. They pay well.

Also, look for other Instructing jobs, most pay an awful lot more than £12/hr and experienced FI's are getting thin on the ground.

You won't feel better unless you take a positive step. Take this current situation as the lowest point and try to go up from here, but the lesson you learn when it's crap like this will stand you in good stead. Sounds daft, but it's true. When you are sitting in a shiny jet, remember all of those in your previous position and try to give them the leg up you needed.

One last thing, airline recruitment has stuff all to do with competency, so don't see this as an indictment on your own skills.

Don't be scared of bankrupcy, it isn't the end of the world and compared to most of the world's population, you are in a fantastic situation, you aren't at risk of disease, starvation, war or natural disaster. So try and keep a little bit of perspective.

Good luck.

Potkettleblack, one of the best pilots I know doesn't fit your limited view of what a pilot should look like. He's covered in tattoo's and sounds like a right geezer, but he's smart and has worked hard and now fly's for bmi.
We aren't all Ace Rimmer lookalikes and I like that fact. Having different people in the industry is a good thing, whereas having narrow minded folk like yourself is something the rest of us have to put up with.