PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What the hell are we supposed to do?
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2006, 07:31
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 208 Likes on 75 Posts
Wingbar - you don't have it that bad. You are building hours every day and keeping current and at present the job market is historically good. Try winding back your position 5 years to the months and years following Sept 11th and I assure you that your life is a piece of cake compared to those that filled your current slot back then...

Why are you so scared of the bank? What is the worst they can do? Bankrupt you? Boo hoo. Unless you need a mortgage and credit card for the next two years or have a classic Ferrari in the garage you can't bear to see the baliffs in then just chill out. You are only 25 and I'm guessing don't have a family mortgage and children to consider.

Whatever happens, ie you leave the industry or stick with it - for heavens sake do not become that thing I hate most passionately: The Hostile Flying Instructor. We've all seen one or have heard one.

Prowling the flying school landscape developing a psychological hatred of the industry, the bank and the humble student. Unstable through a feeling of entrapment the hostile instructor is liable to lash out at any target. No longer interested in providing quality training he has one eye fixed on the Hobbs meter, another on his bank statement as his mind plods through the bare bones of the lesson. The hostile instructor appears to have a very small, highly localised CB floating just above his head and is to be avoided at all costs as a PPL.

As always, good luck with it all,