PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2006, 07:14
seektofly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The weather was gorgeous today where I was!!!

Hi ya guys!

I just got home from training today. Where I was today, the weather was absolutely gorgeous - FYD don't get too jealous... I was in Melbourne all day! - we never ended up going to Brisbane - ahhh the joys of getting 20 flight attendants to go on standby tickets. We are always the last to get on the plane if we travel standby.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day today and I was thinking seriously about going for a long walk by Albert Park. But I have been up since 3.00 am this morning so, under the circumstances, I don't think I will go anywhere. I might just study a bit for our exam on Friday and go to sleep.

Before I do any of that, I just wanted to say to NJSBOI, that I sincerely hope that your reserve days and cough cough days (I like to call them URTI's) have gone well and that you are looking forward to starting training. FYD - it won't be long for you either.OMG, you both will be flying by November!!! YAY - cant wait to meet you both online!!!

DRUMROLL PLEASE...................................................... ..................

VIRGIN BLUE TRAINING. Week 5, Day 3. August 30, 2006.
2 days to go... (ok one and a half but who's counting???)

Today. What can be said about today? Long? Fun? Interesting? Exciting? Disappointing? - all of the above.

Today we all showed up at the airport at 5.15. I personally was there by 5 am and most others were too. Our trainers showed at exactly 5.15 am and after a quick head count we were informed that we weren't going. At first everyone thought our trainer was joking!!! But the other trainer shook her head and said "no, its true"... Apparently we could get there, but there wasn't enough room on the return flights home for all 20 of us. So at 5.20 we were told to meet back at the training centre at 6.30am.

So we all disappointedly went back to the crew room and we did a re-enactment of a flight that would happen on a day to day basis. Of course there was alot of acting involved, which was fun, but it was ok. I started nodding off around 8.30 and the trainers could see that half of us needed to go back to bed - well, they did tell us that we would be able to get a power nap on the way to Brissie, and on the way back, so none of us really had a "decent nights sleep".

After the role play, we had a presentation (that should have been done in Brisbane) of our payroll and Leave (annual, sick etc..) and that was really interesting to see how our pay is broken down. After that we had a module that I have really been looking forward to ..... STAFF TRAVEL!!!
WOO HOO - its just that some Airport taxes are higher than the actual tickets!!!

After staff travel, we had a module on Corporate Response to Emergencies etc.. That was really interesting and after all of that - we got to go home!!! It was soooooo nice finishing soooo early! However, even though we did finish at 1pm - our group stayed until 2pm as we really need to practice for wings night. I must admit, we are getting it together slowwwwllllyyyyy but we are looking and sounding better each time with practice.

Ok - well, I am off now. I want to start studying for the exam on Friday. Wouldn't it be awful to stuff up the training now???!!!???
I am really really excited now as training has only 1.5 days left, and yet, at the same time really really nervous!

Stay well, until my next entry - tomorrow the 2nd last day!

STF
(Y'all know that by now!!!)