PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2006, 21:52
Tandemrotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cazatou (K52)

I actually don't think the Fatal Accident Inquiry system can be regarded as 'self appointed'!

Fatal Accident Inquiries are held under the Fatal Accidents and Sudden Deaths Inquiry (Scotland) Act 1976. An inquiry must be held in cases of death in custody or as a result of an accident at work. An inquiry may be held in other cases of sudden, suspicious or unexplained death, or death in circumstances that give rise to serious public concern. Decisions on whether these discretionary inquiries are held are made by the Lord Advocate.

Procurators Fiscal investigate around 14,000 sudden deaths each year. There are usually around 50 or 60 Fatal Accident Inquiries in Scotland each year.

So yet again we find your contribution lacking in factual accuracy. Do try to get a grip man!

JP1

Once again thanks for your contribution. The reason I asked about your relevant experience is (and I'm sure Brian Dixon will correct me) I don't believe anyone with relevant experience has reviewed the navigation data recovered from the wreckage, and analysed by the equipment manufacturer.

It is by nature, rather technical, and I wouldn't be too surprised if an 'expert' were able to discover something interesting buried within.

How would you feel about looking at it?

Cheers