PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What the hell are we supposed to do?
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2006, 20:14
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel You what?

Originally Posted by Lucifer
That I never said - what I stress is that there is a constantly perpetuated delusion that one can select oneself, train modular and beat the integrated offering.
I have clearly offended many below with my comments, however I assure you that I am not an integrated student with a chip on the shoulder.
I am posting here to stress that you must give yourself the best possible chance to succeed, and not make it doubly hard for yourself by persuing a course which is not the preferred choice of the vast majority of airlines.
Lucifer what planet are you on?
I can only applaud your bravery or stupidity but I have yet to work out which it is to issue such a sweeping and profoundly groundless hypothesis.
I like all of the exmilitary pilots who I went through my courses with went the modular route not becuase we thought it had any advantages to the integrated route but simply as ex military pilots we had little or no choice.
Unless you are trying to imply that in your honest opinion the army, navy and air force are recruiting low grade pilots I would suggest that you want to rethink your view.

Incidentally I fully sympathize with Wingy having gotten to the point that I could no longer afford to support myself as an instructor and had to find non flying work to avoid loosing my house and/or my wife. I doubt that I was alone in this sort of financial trap and think it a little uncharitable that you believe that all modular pilots are:-
a) inferior and b) unemployable

Best of luck Wingy hope you get something soon