PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - St Athan memories
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2006, 19:02
teeteringhead

Gentleman Aviator

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
Teeteringhead could be a useful source of info for all things 'St Athan' boyo
... well there's my cover blown.... or just possibly not

JB above has it about right. VC10 servicing will stay (on present plans) to VC10 endex which is (on present plans) 2011 or 12, until it gets extended. Uncertain who'll be Fettling the Funbus but (etc) it will be at Saints.

Other DARA fast and pointed stuff (Jag, GR4 and Hawk) continues for a bit more - about the end of the year say?

19 Sqn still use it as an FOB when attacking Pembreyistan, and UWAS haven't anywhere else to go (in Wales that is).

On the ground there's the aforementioned not-to-be-mentioned lot, that includes pongoes royals and rocks (must be fun in the Bovvy Castle on payday). 4 School is still there as part of some joint training outfit (DCAE??) with the OC 4 S (an RAF wg cdr) playing staish in terms of laying wreaths on Nov 11th, while the ex-Staish (er ... still an RAF wg cdr) is running the site for Defence Estates .......

....... I hope you lot are following this - it's giving me a headache

The big DTR (Cosford vs Saints) decision is about the end of the year (October if you believe politicians, February if you're normal) which could bring Saints back to 1960s size.

And the WAG are trying to bring in lots of stuff - there have been a number of 737s and (at least) one 767 ..........