PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security (Merged) - Effects on Crew/Staff
Old 29th Aug 2006, 16:47
Nasi Lemak

Security inconsistencies

Operated through LHR twice recently. First time, we experienced the full no hand baggage, cabin crew lippie to be in checked bags etc. A week later things were a bit calmer- nav bag and mobile phone allowed on board.

Reading the local press, there seemed to be some major inconsistencies between UK airports. While Heathrow was banning lip gloss, Birmingham had no problem with lippie of any kind, but were not allowing gel bras, on pilots or pax. (It was a female pilot who complained - just thought I'd make that clear).

So - my questions are - how did the Birmingham security staff decide who was wearing a gel bra - what did they do about it if they found one, and how do I apply for a job .....no, sorry, delete that last part

But seriously - if anyone had plans to attack an aircraft, all they had to do was read the press to establish which airport was looking for which substance. Why the inconsistencies??? And who came up with the idea of gel bras being a threat?????