PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robin HR200
Thread: Robin HR200
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2006, 07:57
EGBKFLYER
Gizajob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Currently instructing on HR200 amongst others. Agree with most of what's said above, though I'm less complimentary on the characteristics for training.

Flaps are next to useless - 20 degrees max, very little trim change or att change to show to the student
Trim is very powerful and highly geared (say compared with a PA28), which robs it of some subtlety and means students take longer to develop good trimming abilities.
You can't see warning lights in bright sunshine

On the upside, vis is great, seats are comfortable, cockpit is organised. It's true about the spares - Robin sold the design rights to Alpha Aviation in NZ. My understanding is that they are currently still obtaining various certifications and that is why some parts are taking a long time. We have had an aileron on order for 18 months!

On the subject of hot starts - 0-2 primes and it should start without issue. If not, talk to the engineers. I had a consistent prob hot starting one of our HR200s last week and noticed the engine turning over faster than normal. Reported it to the eng - problem turned out to be v poor compressions on 3/4 cylinders and a partial fatigue failure on one piston skirt, which is prob the subject of an MOR now...