PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robin HR200
Thread: Robin HR200
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2006, 06:58
Daysleeper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I instructed on the Robin 200 for a year during which time 2 out of 3 purchased aircraft crashed due to engine failures. One (a fatal) was traced to a manufacturing issue, the other (a write off but no serious injuries) was never fully resolved. We then got rid of the third.....

That said - positives - looks good on the ramp, students liked it as it seems "modern" compared to the cessnas well it did in the 1990s. Visibity is great. 'carefree" handling though no spinning :-(

Negatives - Almost viceless stalling, why is this a negative you may say - well I tended to find it was hard to teach the dangers of stalling in an aircraft where you could fully develop the stall then turn through 360 degrees in each direction using aileron only.
As was said before spares in the UK were hard to come by. The flaps are vulnerable to clumsy students (and hung over instructors) kicking them into assymentry on the way out of the aircraft. We never fully solved the issue of dipping the fuel tank ( box tank behind the seats)
Spats encourage corrosion of the brakes (had one off the side of the runway with that)
Oh I see they STILL havent sorted the hot starting problems.