PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudi Aramco - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 29th Aug 2006, 06:56
Human Cargo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

[quote=Aircraft Eng.;2805742]Your right about some of the things, in the I'm part of the Saudi Aramco Aviation Dep. maintenance division. I could relate to what you're saying in some way,

I know that you can appreciate this .When someone who has come in as a "Consultant"/ Contractor is made perminant they lose touch with the conditions of the "Consultant" inpart because they are "CORRUPTED" by all the money and benifits that are thrown their way.They are given an "AGAMA" with which they can use to begin to have a life in Saudi, i.e. simple things like geting a mobile phone, Internet Connection, buying a car, getting a decent apartment or going to the beach and most importantly Having your Family with you!! are not possible with out an "AGAMA". Most "Consultants" are here on a Visa which states clearly they are PROHIBITED FROM WORKING!!! It is truely difficult to come to Saudi Arabia and face the day to day life there without these BASIC things that most people in the "CIVILISED WORLD" view as necessary to life as opposed to being told that these very same conditions are previledge of a chosen few.
I would agree that Saudi Aramco and Saudi Arabia is not for everyone, but if you are going to bring folks here treat them FAIR and treat them with RESPECT or dont bring them at all.!!!!!!!!!
I Believe that the current Manager of the Aviation department is not fully aware of all this. The "New Regime " in power in the Chief Pilot's office is Totally Clueless! lacks proper management skills and has lost touch with reality because they are BLINDED BY THEIR OWN PERSONAL AGENDA!!!!!!!. In one month we have lost 5 Contractors because of the Chief Pilots attitude.!! And these "Consultants" unwillingness to accept being treated like 2ND CLASS People!! And untill that issue is addressed i believe every prospective "Consultant" should STAY AWAY!!