PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A319/320/321 - "Flex Temp"
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2006, 23:30
eng1170

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airbus A319/320/321 - "Flex Temp"

Good Evening,

Just looking for some info from Airbus crews. I completed my A319/320/321 CRS course earlier this year and we kind of stuck to the "engineery" bit of the throttle system/engine controls/ECAM etc, only really mentioning "FLX/MCT" as a throttle detent. I haven't had much hands on with the aircraft yet hence the following request.

I've had a read through the back of the 320 performance manual which had a brief single page on flex temp and a couple of charts but to be perfectly honest it didn't really help much in my understanding of what/how it all goes together.

My (possibly wrong!) understanding is that flex temp is a crew selection made into the FMGC/FMS based on aircraft weight and environmental conditions - yes/no?! What I don'treally understand is how do you derive what the flex temp setting is and what does this give you in terms of N1/N2

I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to either direct me to some good simple explanation somewhere (internet sites, manuals etc) or explain it in relatively simple terms (I'm not crew, but a Licensed Eng!!)

Any help in learning something new and a little bit more in depth would be appreciated, thank's in advance.

Rgds,

Eng