PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways
Thread: British Airways
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2006, 22:30
the_fish@blueyonder.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flightrider
There is one odd-ball to the above explanation, which is G-CPEL. That aircraft only has Club converter seats fitted in the 1st cabin and not in the 2nd cabin, which is why you tend to see that aircraft more on domestic flights than elsewhere.
I was actually on G-CPEL on a LHR-EDI journey back in January. I was at in the rear section, so I didn't pay much attention to the seating in the first 2 sections. The flight was basicly empty, and I doubt even an A319 would have been full. I felt a bit left out tucked away at the back of the plane, I hardly saw the crew!

My mate was sat in the middle seat on our BUD-LHR flight, it didn't have a proper headrest or seat back pocket, so I did think it was one of the foldable seats that could be used for Club. Oddly on this flight, there were not a lot of club passengers, only about 5/6 rows, but the curtain was pulled right back and all rows of the fron section had thier middle seast "squashed". I guess it was a full club flight on the way out and due to the 1 hour delay they didn't waste time re-confguring the cabin.

I noticed on G-CPEL we had use of the audio entertainment, but the TV screens on the cabin ceiling were switched off for the duration. Are these only used on some BA flights, and once again, is the radio only available in the rear section? We didn't have it coming back from BUD (G-BPEI), nor did we have any TV screens, let alone entertainment (not complaining though, but I suppose a map would have been nice).