PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security (Merged) - Effects on Crew/Staff
Old 28th Aug 2006, 12:51
Stall Horn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rudolf
Latest at MAN is no food containing gravy, sauce, beans, mushy peas etc. allowed through the crew channel. Damn, I'll have to leave my exploding beans at home in future! This is getting ridiculous, wonder if it is from the DfT or just Manchester making it up as usual!

In response to a letter I sent to BALPA a little while ago, (thread here Msg 406), Capt Mervyn Grimshaw (BALPA Chairman) was kind enough to make a personal resonse to me.

In it, he concluded:

Originally Posted by BALPA
Now that we are in possession of further information, although it remains the case that very little has sufficient detail be meaningful (date, time airport, RZ entry place, names etc), we have raised further concerns. If these are not addressed of course we demand to discuss this with the Secretary of State.
On this basis, I would urge you all to make reports of specific incidents like the above from "Rudolf", directly to BALPA - including sufficient detail to make the report meaningful:

I would suggest a point of contact may be as follows?

Carolyn Evans
Head, Flight Safety Department
The British Air Line Pilots Association
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 8476 4000
Fax: +44 (0) 20 8476 4077
Mobile: +44 (0) 7798567412
E-mail: [email protected]
BALPA Legal Protection for members
Emergency Helpline: +44 (0)208 476 4099 Legal Advice Line: +44 (0)208 476 4082
http://www.balpa.org/