PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Ground study material: books, DVDs, computer programs etc.
Old 28th Aug 2006, 12:30
potkettleblack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing much has changed in the ATPL's since I first ordered my manuals quite a few years ago now (they gathered dust for a good year or so before I pulled finger!). It is all down to the quality of the feedback that the schools have and always has been. I remember a mate of mine struggling through with a small school, he was working his butt off and missing the odd exam with low 70's. He commented that he just hadn't seen so many of the questions and in the more technical exams like MET he didn't even know where to start to go about answering them as he just wasn't taught these areas. The CAA are constantly updating the CQB and unfortunately more and more questions are only "loosely" falling within the learning objectives. I remember one MET question that got queried about 4 months ago which the CAA had to refer to a obscure Swedish MET textbook as their defence for having the question in. Hence the need for something like the Bristol database to help get you over that last 10% or so in the exams.