PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2006, 11:55
seektofly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me ... again...??? Am I the only one in here today??

Hi everyone - well, wherever you guys have disappeared to!

I thought I would write another diary entry - but it seems like everyone has gone AWOL!

To those who remain but don't feel like talking - yet another eventful diary entry...
Virgin Blue Training. Week 5 (finally) Day 1. August 28, 2006.
4 Days to go

Well, we are finally into our last week of training. OMG .
Today was a good day - and I am tipping the rest of the week is going to be very similar. There was an expectant air about our class today. When we got in, it was someone's birthday today, so there were balloons and streamers and even lolly bags! There was even a cake at morning tea ladden with sparkly candles!!! The cake was really really good! I think the chocolate on it just hit the spot quite nicely. Enough about the cake.

The first day of our last week bought with it a module called Dangerous Goods - and we did that until lunch time and yes, you guessed it another exam! It was an open book exam and I did ok - actually I got 100% - but then again, most of the class did. The module was broken up as I mentioned before with the cutting of the birthday cake which happened just before we got a break for morning tea. It was really nice.

As we were getting back into the classroom for our session after lunch, one of the boys in our class decided to be a bit of a class clown and he did a handstand on a chair. We all laughed and thought it was funny as he didn't quite manage to get his legs into the air. He tried again, but the next time, he did get his legs straight up into the air in a perfect head stand, however, the chair tipped over with him still on it, and he had a really bad landing onto his shoulder and neck. He went to hospital . I hope he is ok now. By the end of the day, he was just about to go in for the x-rays, so by tomorrow morning we shall know if he has broken anything.

After that little "episode" we did a module called Live to Air TV training. It was ok - a computer based course but the trainer was talking us through it at the same time. So if we had questions she was there to answer them on the spot. It was really fascinating and exciting when all our planes are decked out with tv screens in the back of each seat. I think it should be really exciting.

The end of the day saw us looking at our rosters, trying to work out what days off in October we would all like and just generally checking out our internal internet. We finished a bit early so we just went home after that.

I can't believe that there are only 4 more training days to go. Tomorrow we are going to the airport to actually check out the aircraft with the screen in the back of the seat; and we have this "Airport Challenge" where I think it is like a bit of a scavenger hunt and we have to run around the airport looking for stuff. It should be fun.

Wednesday we are going to Brisbane for some seminars . I can't wait. I know it is going to be an early morning flight but I guess I can just on the plane! Thursday and Friday are just going to fly. We have an exam on Friday morning - our very last one before we go out online.

This time in exactly one week from now, I will be writing a diary entry telling you all about my first day working for Virgin Blue!!! EEEK!!

Will keep you all posted.

Have a good night, and until my next diary entry, take care.

STF