PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light plane crash near doncaster?
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2006, 11:08
nadders

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air crash doncaster

I am a firefighter in South Yourkshire and also an early solo PPL so it saddens me to see such a tragic accident.

I was on duty on the day of this accident but was attending another incident when we heard the call to this crash over the radio. A colleague of mine was on the first appliance at the scene of the accident. As far as fire service intervention goes there wasn't really any as the fire in the aircraft had been extinguished by the first individuals on the scene.

I do not want to go into to many details regarding this accident but from what I understand from my colleague (who is not a pilot) and based on what he was told by a local farmer, the a/c was practising touch and go's and as I understand it, at some point, possibly downwind, the a/c came into contact with power lines. The a/c it would seem came into contact with the earth nose down and flipped.

I hope my above comments on this very tragic accident do not cause anyone any offence. I just feel that good, reliable information, prevents any unnessesary speculation.

My deepest condolences go out to the friends and family of the two individuals involved from both myself and indeed my colleagues who were on the scene.