PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2006, 06:47
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, yes! Off you go...

What a good idea! Here I have been reviewing my options, wondering what life in the Centre of Excrement is like nowadays but too timid, really, to want to check it out for myself. Send SASless instead!

Then we can read all about it here, in 'real time.' Well, as long as the bad guys let him keep his laptop with him and he finds himself in a wireless 'hot spot.'

I was just thinking about how a relative non-event such as a regional airliner crash in the States can get extensive coverage while something more important and really interesting goes largely ignored. I just logged on to an American newspaper website, directed there by a link from 'Rumours and News.' Most of the piccies seem to be of news vans and cops or rent-a-cops and the news seems to be that a tired crew made an obvious (with hindsight) mistake. But I guess it's got to pass for the big news event of the moment.

While everyone is crawling all over this Comair crash in Kentucky nobody from 'the media' wants to go to Nigeria to do a stand-up from a bush bar, say.

'This is Taffy Turner reporting live from Auntie's Kitchen...' Who wouldn't stay up late to watch that? Especially the part where she says, 'Eek! Take your hands off me! I am an American! Help!' (Cut. Come up with a travel advert for Virgin Nigeria.)

So, here's a guy who can write, not afraid to tell is as it is and let the chips fall where they may, reasonably experienced on type... Go for it, I say! Like some heavyweight version of that dove they launched from Noah's Ark, God speed and good luck and don't forget to tell us what you find out about events 'on the ground.'

Just as an aside, CHC have put curtains in their crew buses? Hey! That was an idea that came from another company, after we counted 13 bullet holes. Wonderful stuff, that Kevlar.