PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADD's
Thread: ADD's
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2006, 21:26
Grunf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, on my side of the OEM bunch you can grant some extensions but rarely...
I've seen it less then 5 times in the last 10 years...
...and no biggies...
Originally Posted by PantLoad
Many airlines are government owned/controlled. So, the governments, themselves, can make any rule they want...and it's legal. There is no legal requirement to follow aircraft certification criteria. They make the rules...and it's legal when they come up with 'exceptions' and special cases.
If that is the case (and very often it is) then yoyu can go and break the MEL set time intervals...although, I woul REALLY like to see a CAA telling the airline they can skip on OEM set intervals...
In my experience they ALWAYS consult us, first...ALWAYS...
Lawyers would get rich on that, wouldn't they?
I am aware that local CAA defines "legal operations" but it still has to be inline with ICAO's rules...therefore the possible consequences...
I've seen a few times OEM not wanting to help since the inspection intervals were broken..R&R (remove and replace) was the only solution although airlines were desperate for repairs...and the specific parts were, let's say, "hard to get" (hence the instant wish for a repair)...
I can't imagine how it is to work in lousy legislative surrounding (like the PPruner who posted the topic).
Or we all live in the same <four letter word>...