PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to lose a JAA Class 1 Medical?
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2006, 21:01
MediQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation How to lose a JAA Class 1 Medical?

For what reasons have people lost their Class 1 medicals in the past? Strange question? Yes, but something I think should be asked. I have recently got an initial Class 1.

The area I'm most concerned about is the ECG, which I haven't been able to do properly, but I've still obtained a Class 1. I am VERY nervous around medical personnel, so my heart races, not too uncommon looking at some of the threads. Instead of doing a Stress-ECG, my cardiologist ( not affiliated with the CAA) said I should do an echo instead, because the same problem would appear in the stress-ECG. The CAA passed me, but said I may have to do a Stress-ECG if I don't do a proper ECG when it is due to be renewed in a few years. What if I mess up the ECG and the stress-ECG? What would be the next step? I seriously can't control my nerves when it comes to doctors etc. The ECG shows varying ST and T waves due to Sinus Tachycardia, and my heart was around 105-120bpm, so there wasn't enough blood pumping through. I think it said something about inferior ischemia(?). After the echo, my cardiologist said that I was entirely asymptomatic. Probably a stupid question, but when you're exercising and your heart rate is above 100bpm, would sinus tachycardia and varying ST and T waves still be present? Or would the fact that you're moving/exercising rather than lying down increase blood flow? Has anyone experienced this situation? Any advice rhovsquared?

Apart from that, I think if you eat healthily than the blood and urine tests won't be any problem. My sight and hearing should also be fine. Any other reasons why people have lost medicals?