PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFCO Catchment Areas and Request for Advice for Preparation
Old 27th Aug 2006, 20:25
mrmister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is a revolutionary idea, why don't you contact the AFCO you have been dealing with and pose these questions to them........................... Good luck.
No need to be sarcastic! I already did, hence my posting this thread.

The person with whom I spoke took the rather abrupt official line that all AFCOs behave in the same manner (a view I happen to disagree with), and that you get told where you're going upon having applied for an interview etc. The person was quite dismissive, and suggested that this shouldn't be a hurdle for a decent applicant.

However, consider the following scenario.

Suppose I feel in my experience that the staff at an office in administrative region X are demoralised, stressed, rude, aggressive and obstructive. Suppose also that I feel a key member of staff disapproved of such applications for reasons known only to himself.

Suppose I also feel in my experience that the staff at another office are helpful, courteous and encouraging, are well aware of my exemplary CV and background and have never been obstructive even once.

It would be helpful to know which postcodes get referred to which office - it's hard enough getting into the RAF as it is!

Ironically the person with whom I spoke on the phone shared my view that it would probably make sense for such a system to be readily available.